Monday 6 July 2015

My Past

Hello everyone, I want to start my story with what little I know of my past.  The small amount I can remember was a short but happy time with my mother, I don't know what happened but I can recall a flashing moment followed by a lot of pain and cold.  I was on a fast moving road with giant vehicles zooming so close to me, I was so scared and I couldn't move, I realized something had happened to my body and that I was badly injured.  I thought it was the end, until someone scooped me up off that scary place and put me on a warm soft calm place, I was hurting so bad I couldn't focus but I was able to relax a little, knowing I was safe.  I remember several soothing voices and little hands petting the fur on back.  It may have been the only place that didn't hurt.  They brought me to a bright place where they did their best to try to heal me, for a while I didn't know what was going to happen, but finally I was able to sleep.  I woke up in a new place with lots of new faces, I felt so much better and I had a big bandage  on my leg.  I couldn't feel my front leg at all, it was odd, but I managed to figure out how to balance without it and eventually it was really just in the way. 

I was finally feeling so much better and I was able to go home with one of the people that worked at this place that I  had been brought to which I later learned was called the Edmonton Humane Society.  Her house was so fun, I had friends to play with and my own room and my own toys, everything was so cozy and comfortable.  I got to travel back and forth to the humane society to visit all the people there that loved me there, they always gave me lots of attention and every time I went they gave me a new color of bandage on my leg, that was pretty awesome.  A few times when I went back there I had visitors, the first time they came to see me I knew I recognized those voices....it was the people that scooped me up off that road!!  I was so thankful for what they did for me, they told me that once I was all healed up I would get to come home with them FOREVER!!!  Did you hear me?? FOREVER!!!  That is an awesome word, no more not knowing where my life would be spent, no more scary roads, only people who loved me and would take care of me, and two other cat buddies who would be my friends for life, how exciting!!!  

 Once I got bigger they explained to me that it was time to deal with my bandaged leg, I still couldn't feel it and it was still just in the way, after lots of snuggles and cuddles with my awesome caretaker Mariah,  we decided it was time to just take it off.  I was very nervous but she kept making sure I knew that it was going to be okay and that I would feel better after it was all done.  I went back to the humane society which has been like another home to me and they made me nice and comfortable and I fell asleep, and wouldn't you know it?? When I woke up no more leg!!  It felt a little weird at first but it sure didn't take long until I felt back to normal, and no more casts for me!! phew! Finally!!  Mariah then told me once I was feeling better it would be time to go to my forever home, I was sad to leave the place that felt so calm and safe for me, but I also knew my forever family was waiting and was so excited to accept me into their home and their lives forever. ahhhh....FOREVER!

No comments:

Post a Comment